Wig Blonde Highlights wavy curls

18" Light Butterscotch with Pale Blonde Highlights wavy curls / bangs synthetic wig.

I recently bought this wig, as well as another in dark brown from the same seller. The wig looks extremely realistic, is an absolutely gorgeous color, and features a youthful, modern hairstyle.

However, I decided to return it because of the texture of the hair. I think it's fairly clear from the picture that the wig has styling gel (dried, obviously) in its mid and lower portions to enhance the hair's "natural" wave. I was definitely expecting this feature when I ordered the wig; but when it arrived, I decided that I just didn't like how the hair felt in my hands. So it came down to a matter of personal preference, which does not reflect on the wig's quality or the fact that someone else might really love the texture. If the feel of gelled hair doesn't bother you, then you will like this wig just fine.

Because I decided to return this wig, I did not actually try it on; but based on my visual observations and the fact that its construction is nearly identical to the other one I ordered (which I adore and decided to keep), here is what I can tell you about it:

The hair is synthetic but looks and feels completely real. I was seriously concerned that it would be too shiny, like the cheap costume wigs at the party store. But it definitely does not look cheap -- it's not too shiny, not too dull, and exactly the right weight and thickness. The cut is full and voluminous; the part goes several inches back and looks natural, with a small piece of Caucasian-tinted fake scalp underneath. The color is a beautiful multi-faceted golden honey blonde with subtle highlights, just like the picture shows. Because the gelled texture tends to separate the hair into strands, I think it would be most realistic if your own hair is blonde/light-colored, or if you don a wig cap liner to cover darker hair.

The inner cap is stretchy, made of lingerie-type lace material, and has an open style that would allow for moderate air circulation. The cap has a small notched band around the back, above the nape, where you can adjust these two little lingerie/bra-type straps with hooks. Based on how my other wig fits, I think anyone who can fit into standard-sized adult women's hats would be able to fit into this wig.

The wig comes packaged with a small paper "band" around it, wrapped in a very flimsy hairnet, inside a resealable plastic bag. Shipping was super fast. The seller, Willowbee Accessories, is located in California, and I am midway up the Atlantic Coast; so I was expecting about 5 days of transit. I ordered the wig on a Friday afternoon, and when I came home from work on Monday, it was in my mailbox.

There is a small blurb printed inside the paper wrapper that says you can hand-wash the wig with shampoo, swirl it through clean water twice, and then brush and style it as you would your own hair. Without washing it, I don't think you could really brush this wig (except for the bangs) because of the gelled texture. Also, I imagine the gel would probably wash out if you shampooed the wig. With the other wig I ordered, I use a gentle brush or a wide-tooth comb to detangle it, and those both work fine. The wig seems sturdy enough, but (maybe it's the years of cheap Halloween wigs talking here) I am still afraid I might rip out some of the hair if I use a hard-bristled brush or yank on it too hard.

All in all, I highly recommend this wig to anyone who 1) prefers or doesn't mind a gelled texture, and 2) is interested in a realistic, good quality, affordable hair piece. Details more 18" Light Butterscotch with Pale Blonde Highlights wavy curls / bangs synthetic wig